My top tips for great water decal application:
- Paint your nails a base colour (for full nail decals I always paint a white base coat)
- Let this dry completely
- Prepare all of your decals in advance and cut to size around where they will be positioned on the base/sides of your nails (any overhang on your tips can be filed off)
- When soaking in the water to remove the decal from it's backing, make sure they've soaked enough (but not too much) before removing from the backing - too little and you'll probably stretch/ruin the decal, too much and the adhesive will have soaked off. I usually leave them about 30 seconds and then try and judge it (carefully) from there.
- Good quality decals will adhere to your nails pretty easily and quickly. However, when it's a full nail decal, it sometimes can take a bit longer so I usually smooth down carefully and either leave a few minutes to set, or ill give it a quick blast from the hairdryer on a (non-finger burning!) heat.
- Once dry, apply a top coat, and rock your fingers out!
These water decals and many, many more can be purchased from Born Pretty Store - there's a huge selection so do go and take a look! Remember to use discount code MXL91 for 10% off at Born Pretty Store.
*These products were sent to me for review